60vcaps - One vegetarian capsule provides:
Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis) 100 mg
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) 100 mg
Shiitake (Lentinula edodes) 100 mg
Andrographis Paniculata 100 mg (10% Andrographolides)
Astragalus membranaceus 80 mg
Adhotoda Vasica (1% Vasicine) 60 mg
Other ingredients: Vegetarian Capsule shell
As a food supplement, take 2 capsules, one to three times daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner
Critical care complex is a mixture of Mushrooms and herbs aimed at boosting one’s immunes system.
Mushroom: 10:1 water and ethanol extraction and only fruiting bodies used.
- Preventative formula
- Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Boosting the immune system
- Upper respiratory infections
- Runny nose, headaches, sore throat and swollen lymph nodes.
How it works
Andrographis (Andrographis paniculate)
Andrographis prevents infections with rhinoviruses, the type of virus that causes the common cold.
Andrographis also relieves a runny nose, headache, sore muscles, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and fatigue.
Used to reduce fever and pain and excellent for upper respiratory infections.
Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus)
Astragalus has an unusual ability to stimulate certain immune functions, while depressing others. It is an overall tonic and stimulates the immune system.
It is highly beneficial for fatigue, low vitality and frequently recurring infections.
The leaves, roots and flowers of Adhatoda vasica also called vasa or vasaka were used extensively in traditional Indian medicine for thousands of years to treat respiratory disorders such as asthma
Adhatoda vasica is considered useful in treating bronchitis and other lung and bronchiole disorders.
Shiitake (Lentinula edodus)
- Shiitake is good for preventing high blood pressure and heart disease
- Controlling cholesterol levels
- Building resistance to viruses and fighting diseases such as cancer.
- Liver protective
- Active compound: Lentinan
Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis)
- Cordyceps is known to boost energy levels and increase endurance in athletes
- Cordyceps increases the heart’s strength, while slowing the pulse. It raises HDL cholesterol, while lowering LDL (‘bad’) cholesterol. It stops the formation of cholesterol plaques in the arteries.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Has been used as an aphrodisiac and treatment for impotence in traditional Chinese medicine.
- Affinity for the lungs: It has been shown to improve the functioning of the respiratory system and is beneficial for people suffering from cough, asthma and bronchitis due to its anti-inflammatory properties and its action of relaxing the bronchial walls.
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
- Reishi promotes strong immunity to disease. It can be taken daily with no build-up tolerance.
- Valuable tonic as it helps to normalise the organs in the body and classified as an adaptogen. It helps to reduce stress, boost energy and helps one to get enough sleep, depending on the needs of the body.
- Reduces blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Supports the liver
- Supports cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
- Andrographis should be avoided during pregnancy
- Andrographis reduces fertility in both men and women
- Do not use Critical care if you are using warfarin.
Shiitake Adverse Reactions
- May cause temporary diarrhoea and abdominal bloating in high dosages.
- Allergic reactions are rare, but when they occur, they produce a characteristic whorl, similar to hives (‘shiitake dermatitis), on skin exposed to sunlight.
- People with bladder cancer should not use raw shiitake.
Cordyceps Adverse Reactions
- Do not use if on anticoagulant drugs, asthma inhalers, or immunosuppressant drugs for lupus, myasthenia gravis, psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis. (Cordyceps stimulates the immune system).
- Avoid using cordyceps for hormone-sensitive disorders such as breast cancer or prostate cancer.
- Cordyceps are for the use of adults only.
Reishi Adverse Reactions:
- Adverse reactions are extremely rare, but using Reishi for three to six months continuous my result in dryness of the mouth, throat and nasal passages; stomach upset; or nosebleed. These complications appear so seldom that their exact causes are not known.
- If taking blood-thinning medications such as warfarin, use Reishi only under a doctor’s supervision.
- Reishi might have hypotensive activity, so avoid using with antihypertensive medication.