Maca is an Andean root that functions as an effective adaptogen and is used to help the body adapt to daily stress and pressure. It aids the body in reacting and recovering from physical and mental stress. Adaptogens like Maca supplements can boost stamina, vitality and immunity. Furthermore, it can alleviate depression, anxiety and fatigue.
Maca was reportedly consumed by the Inca warriors in preparation for battle. It is also known to increase male and female libido as well as fertility rate. Although unrelated to Ginseng, it is sometimes referred to as Peruvian ginseng because of its similar properties. Our Maca Extra Strength capsules contain 100% raw Maca powder plus Maca 4:1 extract to give you a potent daily dose.
60 veg caps - One vegetarian capsule provides:
Maca 4:1 extract (Lepidium meyenii) 200mg
Maca raw powder (Lepidium meyenii) 300mg
Other ingredients: Vegetarian capsules
As a food supplement, take 1 – 3 capsules daily with water before meal times, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Up to 1 – 2 grams of extract can be taken per day. (2 capsules = 1gram of powder)
Note: Maca can be taken when and if needed. It also does not have to be taken at a certain time of day.
Maca is a superb adaptogenic herb that increase stamina and vitality in a variety of conditions. It is also known as Peruvian Ginseng.
Standardised extract and 100% raw powder
Also known as Peruvian Ginseng
- Balances the hormones
- Increases stamina
- Known to increase men and women’s libido or sex drive
- Helps with mood, sleep and stress
- Menopause support
How it works
- Regulates the relationship between the pituitary, ovaries and adrenals.
- Reestablishes normal rhythms, regulates cortisol and melatonin levels.
- Increases fertility, the number of pregnancies and the birth weight of offspring. Decreases fatigues, increases libido and combats anemia.
- Ancient Peruvian herb that increases vitality, strength and stamina
- Alleviates signs of decreasing hormones in middle age and menopause
- Invigorates libido and is a sexual restorative in both men and women.
- In menopause maca alleviates symptoms of low hormones, including flashes, vaginal lubrication, sexual function and libido.
- Alleviated night sweats.
- Works on the hypothalamus and pituitary to reestablish hormone levels.
- Increases or decreases ratios of hormones according to what the body needs and promotes proper hormonal metabolism and production.
- Decreases acne and is nutritive to the body due to its high vitamin, mineral and amino acid content.
No contraindications or toxicity known.
May be taken during pregnancy.